Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eeewww!


As I expected, the warm sunny weather this past weekend brought the bees out of the hives. While my kids used the time to play, the bees used it to pee. And pee a LOT! Every one of those little brown spots is PEE.
The girls even flew to the front of the house to go. We found one bee on the porch.
Bees don't pee in their hives, so they've been holding it since the beginning of December - the last day we had that was near 50'. I was quite surprised how much they went. I was amazed that I could actually smell it. Kinda gross but it was a ...well a lot of pee - which I see as a great sign. All three hives had bees flying and the more bees in the hives, the stronger they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and checking on the bees!
Let me know what you are thinking...